Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cold Stone Creamery

Had my first taste of the famous Cold Stone Creamery ice-cream last week during my lunch hour.  My colleague had a sudden urge to eat ice cream and we both landed up at Far East Square --- > at Tully's Coffee where Cold Stone Creamery was located.   It is certainly not your usual ice cream parlour - you can select the flavours and toppings you want, or try one of their Signature Creations.


A long queue at the counter awaited us as everyone was considering what to have for their dessert.  Caramel was not my favourite item ... so I narrowed my choices down to "Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip" which was made up of Mint Ice Cream, Chocolate Chips, and Brownie & Fudge.



Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip (above)
A good choice since I love the minty flavour and the crunchy chocolate chips. A hefty price to pay for the smallest "Like It" size - SGD5.50 !!  But it's worth it.


It was interesting to watch the staff mixed in the different ingredients and tossing your ice cream in the air, catching it with a cup. The ice cream taste just great in their freshly made molten state.


My colleague chose "Apple Pie a la Cold Stone" which was made up of French Vanilla Ice Cream, Cinnamon, Graham Cracker Pie Crust, Apple Pie Filling & Caramel.  I tried a spoonful of it.  My verdict: It's simply too sweet for me!!  She didn't finished it, just threw the rest away because she was too full.  Ooops !


Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip (left) and Apple Pie a la Cold Stone (right)


There are two locations you can get your fill of the ice cream:
  • 181 Orchard Central Road, #01-09/10 Orchard Central, Singapore 238896
  • Tully's Coffee, Blk 49 Pekin Street, #01-01 Far East Square, Singapore.
The ice-cream comes in 3 sizes:
  • Like It size (4oz) - SGD5.50
  • Love It size (6oz) - SGD7.90
  • Gotta Have it size (8oz) - SGD9.90
Enjoy your ice cream !! :)